Saturday, December 27, 2008

SPOILER ALERT!!!

Yesterday's trip to the Post Office brought some welcome news in the form of a package from my Travel Agent. Let me just say to all new cruisers (and perhaps even experienced ones as well), there is something intangible yet excitingly special about getting your cruise documents. In fact, on one of the internet chat boards (luxurycruisetalk.com) people even put posts up titled "Doc Dancing" and then other board/community members pipe in offering their congratulations. These are seasoned luxury cruise veterans for the most part on this board -- so if they are "doc dancing" surely us mere mortals can be expected to have an anticipatory tingle or two at the arrival of the cruise document package!! Anyway, getting back to my cruise documents...as those of you who have read my blog already know, I have cruised a few times in the past so have some knowledge of what to expect when the cruise docs arrive. Generally, you get a folder (about the size of the old airplane tickets before they had E-Tickets) which contains about 20 pages stapled together telling you things you probably already know like your name, your address, your cabin #, your itinerary, your guest contract, etc. etc. etc. The document itself isn't the part that is exciting -- it's what it represents! So let's go back now to the package I received yesterday. First of all, it was a little bigger than a standard #10 envelope but I thought maybe my TA had included some brochures or something. Then when I opened it up I was more than a little impressed!!!! Regent has put together some fine little document presentation package! There is a gray chamois drawstring outside pouch/holder embroidered with their logo. Inside you will find a lovely embossed faux leather portfolio (also gray) which contains your cruise tickets and information, standard baggage tags indicating your deck#, two attractive permanent luggage tags made of the same embossed faux leather , a beautifully prepared booklet giving suggestions for each of the ports you will be visiting and a note card "signed" by the employee who reviewed your package before it was sent out to make sure it was complete. This portfolio can be re-used for other things in the future as it has pockets and a zippered pouch -- off the top of my head, I'm thinking it would be a nice place to store your vehicle documents in your car's glove compartment but I'm sure you could find other uses. I have taken a picture of the documents -- not a very good one, I'm afraid, since basically I am really good at many things but photography is not one of them! Maybe I just need a better camera!

No comments: